Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1400s 1410s 1420s – 1430s – 1440s 1450s 1460s|
|Years:||1427 1428 1429 – 1430 – 1431 1432 1433|
|1430 by topic|
|Arts and science|
|Architecture - Art|
|State leaders - Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births - Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments - Disestablishments|
|Art and literature|
|1430 in poetry|
|Ab urbe condita||2183|
|English Regnal year||8 Hen. 6 – 9 Hen. 6|
— to —庚戌年十二月十七日
|- Vikram Samvat||1486–1487|
|- Shaka Samvat||1352–1353|
|- Kali Yuga||4531–4532|
|- Ǹrí Ìgbò||430–431|
|Japanese calendar||Eikyō 2
|Juche calendar||N/A (before 1912)|
|Julian calendar||1430 MCDXXX|
|Minguo calendar||482 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1973|
- January 10 – Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy, marries Isabella of Portugal. On the same date, he founds the Order of the Golden Fleece.
- May 14 – The French first attempt to relieve the Siege of Compiègne.
- May 23 – Joan of Arc is captured by the Burgundians while leading an army to relieve Compiègne.
- June 14 – William Waynflete becomes vicar of Skendleby, Lincolnshire.
- July 11 – The Battle of Trnava, Hussite victory on the Hungarian-Moravian-Serbian army.
- October 27 – Švitrigaila succeeds his cousin as ruler of Lithuania.
- The Ottoman Empire captures Thessalonica from the Venetians.
- Bratislava Castle is converted to a fortress under Sigismund of Luxemburg.
- Optical methods are first used in the creation of art.
- The Janissaries are created.
- Patras, capital of Achea, finally falls to the Byzantine Despotate of Morea.
- October 16 – King James II of Scotland (d. 1460)
- October 28 – Richard West, 7th Baron De La Warr, English politician (d. 1475)
- date unknown – Hosokawa Katsumoto, Japanese warlord
- probable – Heinrich Kramer, German churchman and inquisitor (d. 1505)
- January 29 – Andrei Rublev, Russian iconographer (possible date; b. 1360)
- August 4 – Philip I, Duke of Brabant (b. 1404)
- August 18 – Thomas de Ros, 9th Baron de Ros, English soldier and politician (b. 1406)
- October 27 – Vytautas the Great, Grand Prince of Lithuania (b. 1352)
- date unknown