Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
|List of years in literature (table)|
|... 1784 . 1785 . 1786 . 1787 . 1788 . 1789 . 1790 ...
1791 1792 1793 -1794- 1795 1796 1797
... 1798 . 1799 . 1800 . 1801 . 1802 . 1803 . 1804 ...
In poetry: 1791 1792 1793 -1794- 1795 1796 1797
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
This is a list of literature-related events in 1794.
- March 12 - The rebuilt Theatre Royal, Drury Lane, designed by Henry Holland, opens to the public.
- Robert Southey's first collection of poetry is published.
- Thomas Holcroft is indicted for treason as a member of the Society for Constitutional Information, but is released without charge.
- Ludwig Tieck graduates and begins a literary career.
- Giorgio Ferrich - Fabulae ab Illyricis adagiis disumptae
- William Godwin - Caleb Williams
- Ann Radcliffe - The Mysteries of Udolpho
- Thomas Spence - A Description of Spensonia
- Edward Gibbon - Memoirs of my own Life
- Sake Dean Mahomet - The Travels of Dean Mahomet
- Thomas James Mathias - The Pursuits of Literature
- Thomas Paine - The Age of Reason
- William Paley - View of the Evidences of Christianity
- Walter Whiter - Specimen of a Commentary on Shakespeare
- January 11 - Jean Philibert Damiron, French philosopher (died 1862)
- May 17 - Anna Brownell Jameson, essayist and editor (died 1860)
- May 24 - William Whewell, philosopher, theologian, and historian of science (died 1866)
- August 16 - Jean-Henri Merle d'Aubigné, Swiss historian of the Reformation (died 1872)
- January 16 - Edward Gibbon, historian (born 1737)
- March 24 - Jacques Hébert, journalist (born 1757; executed by guillotine)
- April 13 - Nicolas Chamfort, epigrammatist (born 1741; suicide)
- April 15 - Fabre d'Églantine, dramatist and poet (born 1750; executed by guillotine)
- April 27 - Sir William Jones, philologist (born 1746)
- June 3 - Girolamo Tiraboschi, Italian literary critic (born 1731)
- June 8 - Gottfried August Bürger, poet (born 1747)
- July 24
- November - Rudolf Erich Raspe, author of the adventures of Baron Münchhausen (born 1736)