Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
|Centuries:||9th century – 10th century – 11th century|
|Decades:||950s 960s 970s – 980s – 990s 1000s 1010s|
|Years:||977 978 979 – 980 – 981 982 983|
|980 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1733|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —庚辰年十一月廿二日
|- Vikram Samvat||1036–1037|
|- Shaka Samvat||902–903|
|- Kali Yuga||4081–4082|
|- Ǹrí Ìgbò||-20–-19|
|Juche calendar||N/A (before 1912)|
|Julian calendar||980 CMLXXX|
|Minguo calendar||932 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1523|
By place 
- Otto II renounces his claim to Lorraine.
- The Viking ring castle of Trelleborg is constructed in Denmark.
- Foundation by Notger of the Prince-Bishopric of Liège which will remain an independent state inside the Holy Roman Empire for more than 800 years, and where the Walloon language will develop.
- Vladimir I of Kiev starts to rule in Russia.
- Development of Dari dialect during the royal courts of the Samanids in Central Asia which became the major language of Persia.
- Kamboja rule in Bengal is deposed by resurgent Palas.
- The Zanj Empire is founded by Ali ibn Hasan, succeeding the Kilwa Empire.
- Olof Skötkonung, king of Sweden 995–1022 (approximate date)
- Emperor Ichijō of Japan
- Godiva, Countess of Mercia
- Humbert I of Savoy
- Leif Ericson
- Malcolm II of Scotland
- Otto III, Holy Roman Emperor