Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
|A Short History of the World|
|Publisher||The Bodley Head and Penguin Books|
|ISBN||0-14-144182-8 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK]|
A Short History of the World is a period-piece non-fictional historic work by H.G. Wells first published by Cassell & Co, Ltd Publishing in 1922. It was republished under Penguin Classics in 2006. The book was largely inspired by Wells earlier 1919 work The Outline of History.
The book is 344 pages in total , and tells of the history of the world, starting with the believed origins of the Earth around 2,000 million years ago, now thought to be 4,404 million years according to 2005 estimates. The book then goes on to explain the, at the time believed, development of the Earth and life on Earth, until reaching primitive thought and the development of humankind from the Cradle of Civilisation. The book ends with the outcome of the First World War, the Russian famine of 1921, and the League of Nations in 1922.
- Michael Sherborne introduction to H.G. Wells and A Short History of the World
- Penguin Edition Notes The World In Time par. 2 page. 356
- "Evidence from detrital zircons for the existence of continental crust and oceans on the Earth 4.4 Gyr ago". Nature
- http://www.math.chalmers.se/~ulfp/Review/shorthistory.pdf University of Gothenburg review
- History is One manifesto NY:Ginn
- The Open Conspiracy 1928
- Outline of History, a precursor of A Short History of the WOrld, Ch. 41