Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
The Codex Corbeiensis II, designated by ff2 or 8 (in the Beuron system), is a 5th or 6th century Latin Gospel Book. The text, written on vellum, is a version of the old Latin. The manuscript contains 190 parchment folio with the text of the four Gospels with lacunae (Matt 1:1-11:16; Luke 9:48; 10:20.21; 11:45-12:6.7; John 17:15-18:9; 20:22-21:8). Written in a beautiful round uncial hand.
Gospels follow in the sequence: Matthew, Luke, John, Mark.
The manuscript formerly belonged to the monastic Library of Corbey, on the Somme, near Amiens; and with the most important part of that Library was transferred to St. Germain des Prés at Paris, about the year 1638, and was there numbered 195. It was quoted by Sabatier, Bianchini gave a collation in Mark, Luke, and John. Full text was published by Johannes Belsheim, Augustine Calmet, Migne, and Jülicher.
- Bruce M. Metzger, The Early Versions of the New Testament, Oxford University Press, 1977, p. 296.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament 2 (4 ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 46.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1902). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments 2. Leipzig. p. 603.
- Bruce M. Metzger, The Text of the New Testament: Its Transmission, Corruption, and Restoration, Oxford University Press 2005, p. 102.
- Augustine Calmet, Commentarius literalis in omnes libros Novi Testamenti Latinis litteris traditus a Ioanne Dominico Mansi, Würzburg, Vol. 2 (1787), p. 276-302.
- Buchanan, E. S. (1906). "The Codex Corbeiensis (ff. II". Journal of Theological Studies (The Clarendon Press) VII: 236–267. Retrieved 2011-06-09.
- E. S. Buchanan, The four Gospels from the Codex Corbeiensis ff2 (Old Latin Biblical Texts, v; Oxford, 1907), pp. 1-96.
- A. Jülicher, Itala. Das Neue Testament in Altlateinischer Überlieferung, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, New York, 1976. (Marcus Evangelium)