Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
Custom House for ExCeL
Location of Custom House for ExCeL in Greater London
|Location||ExCeL, Custom House|
|Local authority||London Borough of Newham|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|1994||DLR platforms opened|
|2006||North London Line service withdrawn|
|Lists of stations|
Custom House for ExCeL station is in the Custom House area by the Royal Docks in Newham, east London. It is served by the Docklands Light Railway (DLR), and is in Travelcard Zone 3. It takes its name from the old Custom House, which formerly stood nearby, and the Exhibition Centre it serves.
The station opened in 1855, around the Eastern Counties and Thames Junction Railway, which eventually became merged into the North London Line. The DLR station opened on 28 March 1994 as part of the extension to Beckton. The North London Line platforms were closed on 9 December 2006 after the closure of the Stratford to North Woolwich section of the line and DLR became the only serving service.
It is the principal public transport access to the ExCeL Exhibition Centre and its adjacent complex of hotels, restaurants and bars.
- "Step free Tube Guide". Transport for London. December 2009. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- "Boarders and Alighters by station 2007 8 2008 9 (DLR)" (XLS). Docklands Light Railway annual passenger performance 2007-2008 and 2008-2009. Transport for London. 20 May 2010. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "DLR Station Data for 1st April 2010 - 31st April 2011" (PDF). Docklands Light Railway annual passenger performance 2010-2011. Transport for London. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Station usage". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. 30 April 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2011. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Docklands Light Railway website - Custom House station page
- More photos and Google Street View imagery of this station
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||
|Preceding station||Crossrail||Following station|
towards Abbey Wood
North London Line