Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
|Motto||Integrity Tenacity Service|
|Headteacher||Mr.James McNamara |
|DfE URN||112986 Tables|
|Slogan||Learning Together For The Future|
The Ecclesbourne School is a secondary school with academy status situated in Duffield, Derbyshire, England. It is one of the most in-demand secondary schools in Derbyshire and has been awarded the top grade "Outstanding" in its past four Ofsted inspections.
Since opening in 1957 as a small county grammar school in the grounds of Duffield Hall, The Ecclesbourne School has had a varied organisational history. It became a co-educational 11 – 19 comprehensive school in 1976, grant maintained in 1990 and a Foundation School in 2001. Central Government recognised its excellence in 1999 by awarding ‘Beacon’ status. The School was successful in its bid to become part of the ‘Specialist School’ programme when it was awarded Technology College status in 2001. The school has been involved in a Leading Edge Partnership since 2003; at first in the South East Derbyshire Secondary Schools Improvement Partnership, but now is focused on collaborative work with John Flamsteed Community School. The school has been awarded the Careermark twice (2004 and 2008), the Sportsmark in 2004, and was one of only two schools in Derbyshire to receive the ‘Health Promoting Schools’ award.
In 2011 the school controversially became an academy which caused a two day strike by some teachers.
GCSE & A Level Results
The Ecclesbourne School attained the highest GCSE results for the whole of Derbyshire for a non-private school. 91% of the students got at least 5 GCSES in grades A*-C. Also, as of 2012, 96% of all the students taking their A-Levels at the sixth form got at least 3 A-Levels.
Student groups and activities include charity fund raising, choir, debating, drama, environmental teams, instrumental music ensembles, orchestra, mock trials, Duke of Edinburgh award and young enterprise.
Sports include athletics, basketball, cricket, cross-county, football, hockey, netball, rugby, squash, swimming and tennis. The Under-14 hockey team won the national title in 2004.
- "Who's Who At Ecclesbourne". Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- Dillon, Jo (2001-12-09). "Top state schools 'selecting' in secret". The Independent. "The Ecclesbourne School in Duffield is particularly highly regarded. People will rent flats above shops to have an address in the catchment area or buy a house and sell it six months later."
- "Refusal to publish report into Ecclesbourne School land deal audit". The Derby Telegraph. 2008-12-16.
- "Ecclesbourne School is "outstanding" four times in a row (with Ofsted report)". The Derby Telegraph. 2008-10-07.
- Ecclesbourne School teachers strike over academy plan
- "Ecclesbourne win national title". Belper News. 2004-03-17.