Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
|Area served||English Channel|
|Key people||Pierre Legras, MD
Gordon Forrest, CEO
Emeraude Ferries was a shipping company which operated vehicle and passenger ferries between the French city of Saint-Malo and the Channel Islands. The company ceased trading in May 2006 following strong competition and difficulties in finding a suitable vessel for the 2006 season.
Emeraude Ferries was founded in 1904 as Bateaux de la Cote D'Emeraude. In 1988 the company rebranded its ferry services as Emeraude Lines.
Competition arrived in March 2003 when Condor Ferries were granted a licence to carry cars from Jersey to St Malo. Previously only Emeraude Lines was permitted to carry cars and passengers to St Malo direct from Jersey.
- BBC News "Ferry firm resumes link to France", accessed 05 May 2011
- www.ferries.org "Emeraude Ferries", accessed 05 May 2011
- BBC News "Condor to compete on ferry route", accessed 05 May 2011
- Jersey Evening Post "Emeraude takeover approved’, accessed 05 May 2011
- BBC News "Emeraude creditors meet", accessed 05 May 2011