Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
Environmental toxicology, also known as entox, is a multidisciplinary field of science concerned with the study of the harmful effects of various chemical, biological and physical agents on living organisms. Ecotoxicology is a subdiscipline of environmental toxicology concerned with studying the harmful effects of toxicants at the population and ecosystem levels.
Rachel Carson is considered the mother of environmental toxicology, as she made it a distinct field within toxicology in 1962 with the publication of her book Silent Spring, which covered the effects of uncontrolled pesticide use.
- American College of Toxicology (ACT)
- Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
- Society of Toxicology (SOT)
- Environmental Health Perspectives
- Environmental Toxicology
- Environmental Toxicology & Pharmacology
- Journal of Environmental Science and Health
- Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health
- Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry
- D. A. Wright, P. Welbourn. Environmental Toxicology. ISBN 0-521-58151-6 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- W. G. Landis, M.-H. Yu. Introduction to Environmental Toxicology (3rd ed.). ISBN 1-56670-660-2 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- D. G. Crosby. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. ISBN 978-0-19-511713-4 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- W. Hughes. Essentials of Environmental Toxicology. ISBN 978-1-56032-470-6 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- S. F. Zakrzewski. Environmental Toxicology. ISBN 978-0-19-514811-4 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- L. G. Cockerham, B. S. Shane. Basic Environmental Toxicology. ISBN 978-0-8493-8851-4 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- P. L. Williams, R. C. James, S. M. Roberts. Principles of Toxicology-Environmental and Industrial Applications (2nd ed.). ISBN 0-471-29321-0 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- M. C. Newman, W. H. Clements. Ecotoxicology: A Comprehensive Treatment. ISBN 978-0-8493-3357-6 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].