Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
Eva Orner (born 1969) is an Australian film producer. Her works include Untold Desires (winner of Best Documentary at the Australian Film Institute Awards, the Logie Awards and the Australian Human Rights Awards), Strange Fits of Passion (nominated for the Critics' Award at the Cannes Film Festival) and Taxi to the Dark Side (winner of the 2008 Academy Award for Best Documentary).
Orner, along with actress Cate Blanchett, was one of only two Australians nominated for an Oscar in 2008. Most commentators predicted that Michael Moore's Sicko would win the Best Documentary category. However, to the surprise of many, Orner's Taxi to the Dark Side, which examines US torture practices in Afghanistan, Iraq and Guantanamo Bay, received the award.
Within hours, Orner created controversy by describing the US Government as "a bunch of war criminals".
- Screen Australia - Former AFC -AustralianFilmsAndAwards - Features 2004
- Eva comes to the party - Oscars 2008 - Film - Entertainment - smh.com.au
- Former Monash Student Wins Academy Award, Monash University
- Australian wins documentary Oscar - Film - Entertainment - theage.com.au
- Oscar winner Eva Orner slams US government as 'war criminals' | Herald Sun