Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
Findability is a term for the ease with which information contained on a website can be found, both from outside the website (using search engines and the like) and by users already on the website. Although findability has relevance outside the World Wide Web, it is usually used in the context of the web. The popularization of the term "findability" for the Web is usually credited to Peter Morville. In 2005 he defined as: "the ability of users to identify an appropriate Web site and navigate the pages of the site to discover and retrieve relevant information resources", though it appears to have been first coined in a public context referring to the web and information retrieval by Alkis Papadopoullos in an article entitled "Findability"
- Information retrieval
- Knowledge mining
- Knowledge representation
- Semantic web
- Subject (documents)
- User interface
- Web indexing
- Jacob, Elin K. and Loehrlein, Aaron (2009). "Information architecture". Annual Review of Information Science and Technology (ARIST) (Medford, N.J.: Information Today, Inc.) 43. doi:10.1002/aris.2009.1440430110. Unknown parameter
- Morville, P. (2005) Ambient findability. Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly
- Wurman, R.S. (1996). Information architects. New York: Graphis.
- Alkis Papadopoulos (Friday, April 1). "The Key to Enterprise Search". KM World.
- Though the word has been used to mean "ease of finding information" since at least 1943: see Urban A. Avery, "The 'Findability' of the Law", Chicago Bar Record 24:272, April 1943, reprinted in the Journal of the American Judicature Society 27:25 
- findability.org: a collection of links to people, software, organizations, and content related to findability
- The age of findability (article)
- Use Old Words When Writing for Findability (article on the findability impact of a site's choice of words)
- Ambient Findability (book)
- Building Findable Websites: Web Standards SEO and Beyond (book)
- The Findability Formula: The Easy, Non-Technical Guide to Search Engine Marketing by Heather Lutze