Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
Jürgen Otto Wöhler (born 10 May 1950 in Oberlahnstein) is a German lawyer and manager. He has served as Secretary General of the Korean-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Seoul from June 1st, 2007, to May 31st, 2012.
After the Abitur, Wöhler joined the German Army (since 1987 Major) and in 1977 successfully completed his studies in law, economics, history and politics at the University of Tübingen and the University of Geneva. After the first legal state examination in 1977, he went to Georgetown University, Washington D.C., as a research fellow. In 1978 he received a Master in Comparative Law from the University of Strasbourg. In 1980 he completed the second legal state examination in Stuttgart and received the admission to advocacy.
From 1981 to 1983 Wöhler was executive of the building legislation office as an official of the Interior Ministry of Baden-Württemberg. From 1983 to 1985 he worked as a permanent representative to the State Ministry of Baden-Württemberg in the Bundestag in Bonn. From 1985 to 1987 he was Deputy Managing Director of the Investment Consulting and Legal Department of the Korean-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Seoul. From 1987 to 2007 he was executive director responsible for foreign operations at the Landesbank Baden-Württemberg in Stuttgart and since April 2007 is Secretary General of the Korean-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Furthermore, Wöhler is a registered arbitrator at the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board and Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb) in London. Recent publications include a paper in the Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) Global Law Review.
- Federal Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany, 2009
- Sungrye Medal for “Diplomatic Service Merit” of the Republic of Korea, 2008
- Officier de l’Ordre national du Mérite of the French Republic, 2006
- Lee, Eun-Joo (2010-04-15). "Easy and delicious, like Korean stroganoff". Korea Joongang Daily. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- "Choice of Law and Jurisdiction in German-Korean Business", HUFS Global Law Review, vol.3 no.1 / 2011, pp.111-128. Retrieved on 22 April 2013.
- Köllring, Martin (September 2009). "Jürgen Wöhler has worked for German-South Korean relations for a quarter century". The Asia Pacific Times. Retrieved 22 April 2013.