Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
John Lindow is a professor specializing in Scandinavian medieval studies and folklore at the University of California, Berkeley and author. Lindow's works include Norse Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Rituals, and Beliefs, a handbook for Norse mythology. He received his Ph.D. in Germanic languages and literature from Harvard University in 1972, and began teaching at Berkeley in 1978. In 1977 he was elected as a corresponding member of the Royal Gustavus Adolphus Academy.
- Lindow, John (1976) Comitatus, individual and honor: Studies in north Germanic institutional vocabulary, University of California Press
- Lindow, John (1978) Swedish legends and folktales, Berkeley : University of California Press
- Lindow, John (1997) Murder Vengeance among the Gods: Baldr in Scandinavian Mythology, Helsinki : Suomalainen tiedeakatemia, Academia Scientiarum Fennica
- Lindow, John (2001) Handbook of Norse mythology, Santa Barbara, Calif. also published as Lindow, John (2001). Norse Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Heroes, Rituals, and Beliefs. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-515382-0 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- Lindow (2001:Rear flap).
- Curriculum vitae, 2007, retrieved 2011-01-10.
- Barnes, Michael (1978) Review of Comitatus, Individual and Honor: Studies in North Germanic Institutional Vocabulary by John Lindow (A revision of the author's thesis, Harvard, 1972), Speculum: A Journal of Medieval Studies, Jul., 1978, vol. 53, no. 3, p. 597-600
- Simpson, Jacqueline (1979) Review of Swedish Legends and Folktales by John Lindow, Folklore, vol. 90, no. 2, p. 244
- Hugus, Frank (1999) (Reviewed of) Murder Vengeance among the Gods: Baldr in Scandinavian Mythology, by John Lindow, Speculum: A Journal of Medieval Studies, Vol. 74, No. 2 (Apr.), pp. 450-452
- Simpson, Jacqueline (2003) Review of Handbook of Norse Mythology, Folklore, Aug., 2003, vol. 114, no. 2, p. 275-276