Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
An online dictionary is a dictionary that is accessible via the Internet through a web browser. They can be made available in a number of ways: free, free with a paid subscription for extended or more professional content, or a paid-only service. Some online dictionaries are organized as lists of words, similar to a glossary, while others offer search features, reverse lookups, and additional language tools and content such as verb conjugations, grammar references, and discussion forums.
Selected online English dictionaries using established content
- Oxford Dictionaries Online Oxford Dictionary of English; New Oxford American Dictionary; Oxford Thesaurus of English; Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus
- Collins Online Dictionary Collins Unabridged English Dictionary; Collins Unabridged Thesaurus; Collins Webster's American English Dictionary
- Cambridge Dictionaries Online Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary
- Dictionary.com Dictionary.com Unabridged v. 1.1 and American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Ed.
- Longman Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English
- Macmillan Macmillan English Dictionary for Advanced Learners
- Merriam-Webster OnLine Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
- Oxford University Press Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
- Wiktionary: a collaborative project run by the Wikimedia Foundation
- LEO (website): free multilingual collaborative dictionary for German.
- Ultralingua: free and premium multilingual dictionary.
- Multitran, a multilingual Internet-based dictionary centered on Russianm, and provides an opportunity of adding your own translation.
- Webster's Online Dictionary: The Rosetta Edition: a multilingual online dictionary which compiles different online dictionaries and encyclopedia including Wiktionary and Wikipedia.
- Pictual (website): free visual dictionary, English-German-French-Spanish.
- dict.cc, a free user-run multilingual dictionary centered around English and German, with the capacity to translate to Spanish, French, Icelandic, Esperanto, Albanian, Italian and many more.
- Glosbe: free mulitilingual collaborative and open dictionary with translation memory search
- bab.la: free multilingual collaborative dictionary for 22 languages and providing 35 language combinations.
- PONS, a free multilingual dictionary that also has an option for translating from German into the fictional Elvish language.
- WWWJDIC Japanese–English
- zhongbaotong.com Chinese-Bulgarian and Bulgarian-Chinese online free dictionary.
- bkrs.info Russian-Chinese and Chinese-Russian collaborative and open dictionary.
- Malay Chinese Dictionary
- Spanish-Russian and Russian-Spanish dictionary - Diccionario.ru
- Spanish-English online dictionary - DicLib.com
- Honyaku Star - Japanese-English dictionary
- English language
- Avvo Legal Dictionary Free online legal dictionary written in layman's' terms. Features legal cartoons for select terms.
- Reference.com Word and language tool portal.
- Free On-line Dictionary of Computing
- Logos Dictionary Free online with additional premium content.
- Online Etymology Dictionary
- Pseudodictionary Dictionary of user submitted made-up words (humour).
- Smart Define Word definitions and thesaurus.
- Urban Dictionary Dictionary of slang.
- WordNet, a word database.
- Wordweb Free and premium online English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows.
- WordDetail Word definitions and a thesaurus reference resource.
- YourDictionary On-line dictionary and thesaurus.
- Other specific languages
- Academic Dictionary of Lithuanian
- Dictionary of the Scots Language
- Susning.nu Free Swedish online dictionary, opened 2001, now defunct
- Private Sözlük Turkish collaborative dictionary
- Ekşi Sözlük Turkish collaborative dictionary
- Plattmakers Low Saxon online dictionary
- Van Dale Dictionary of the Dutch language
- Woordenboek der Nederlandsche Taal Dictionary of the Dutch language (free registration required)