Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
|Mary de Young|
|Known for||Studies of child sexual abuse and the satanic ritual abuse as a moral panic|
Mary de Young is a professor of sociology at Grand Valley State University, where from 2000-2003 she served as the head of the sociology department. She has published a variety of works in the area of child sexual abuse, including five books, several book chapters, and more than 35 peer-reviewed journal papers.
In 1989, de Young reviewed the literature published by pro-pedophile organizations for public dissemination and found that pro-pedophile organizations used several strategies to promote goals of public acceptance of pedophilia, including the adoption of value-neutral terminology, redefining the term child sexual abuse, promoting the idea that children can consent to sex with adults, questioning the assumption of harm, promoting objective research, and the declassification of pedophilia as mental illness.
- de Young, Mary (2002). The ritual abuse controversy: an annotated bibliography. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland. ISBN 0-7864-1259-3 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- de Young, Mary (2004). The day care ritual abuse moral panic. Jefferson, N.C: McFarland. ISBN 0-7864-1830-3 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- de Young, Mary (1985). Incest: an annotated bibliography. Jefferson, N.C: McFarland. ISBN 0-89950-142-7 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- de Young, Mary (1987). Child Molestation: an annotated bibliography. Jefferson, N.C: McFarland. ISBN 0-89950-243-1 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- de Young, Mary (1982). The Sexual Victimization of Children. Jefferson, N.C: McFarland. ISBN 0-89950-063-3 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- deYoung, M (1992). "Credibility Assessment During the Sexual Abuse Evaluation". In O'Donohue W & Geer JH. The Sexual Abuse of Children: Clinical Issues v.2. Hillsdale, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. ISBN 0-8058-0979-1 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK].
- deYoung, M; Lowry JA (1991). "Traumatic Bonding: From Concept to Application; Mothers in Paternally Incestuous Families: Another Look at Collusion". In Mauro LM & Woods JH. Building Bridges: Interdisciplinary Research in Child Abuse and Neglect. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Temple University Press.
- "Curriculum Vitae of Mary de Young, PhD". Grand Valley State University.
- de Young, Mary (March 1989). "The World According to NAMBLA: Accounting for Deviance.". Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare 16 (1): 111–26. Retrieved 2008-10-20.