|Born||Michael Michele Williams
) August 30, 1966
Evansville, Indiana, U.S.
Michael Michele (born August 30, 1966) is an American film and television actress. She played Dr. Cleo Finch on the medical drama ER and Det. Rene Sheppard on the police procedural Homicide: Life on the Street. Her films include the Academy Award-nominated film Ali.
Michael Michele was born Michael Michele Williams in Evansville, Indiana, the elder of two daughters. Her father is an entrepreneur and business consultant. She was named for her mother's best friend, Michael Ann. In high school, Michele was active on the volleyball, basketball, and track teams. She has a son J. Brandon (born December 21, 2004) with former boyfriend and Puerto Rican restaurateur Jimmy Rodriguez.
Michele has appeared in music videos by R&B singer Freddie Jackson. Michele is known for her role as Dr. Cleo Finch on the television series ER from 1999–2002 and her role as Det. Rene Sheppard on the final season of Homicide: Life on the Street. She also had a starring role in the short-lived television series Kevin Hill and a recurring role in New York Undercover. Michele played the role of Veronica Porsche Ali in the 2001 film Ali. She appeared in an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit that aired in early 2007. She also appeared in two episodes of the fourth season of House as a doctor who had previously worked with the CIA. In 2009 Michele appeared in the Hallmark Channel original movie Relative Stranger with fellow ER cast member Eriq La Salle.
Most recently, Michele did a guest spot on the CW series Gossip Girl.
- New Jack City (1991): Selina
- Private Times (1991)
- Dangerous Curves (TV Series 1992-1993): Holly Williams
- New York Undercover (TV Series 1994-98): Sandra
- The Sixth Man (1997): R.C. St. John
- The Substitute 2: School's Out (1998): Kara Lavelle
- Homicide: Life on the Street (1998): Detective Rene Sheppard
- ER (TV series 1999-2002): Dr. Cleo Finch
- Ali (2001): Veronica Porche
- Dark Blue (2002): Beth Williamson
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003): Judy Spears
- Kevin Hill (2004-05): Jessie Gray
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Valerie Sennet (1 episode)
- House M.D (2007): Dr. Samira Terzi (2 episodes)
- Relative Stranger (2009): Charlotte
- Gossip Girl (2011): Jane (3 episodes)