Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
Petr Hájek (born 6 February 1940 in Prague; Czech pronunciation: ) is a Czech scientist in the area of mathematical logic and a professor of mathematics. He works at the Institute of Computer Science at the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic and worked as a lecturer at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics at the Charles University in Prague and at the Faculty of Nuclear Sciences and Physical Engineering of the Czech Technical University in Prague, now just at the last one.
Petr Hájek studied at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the Charles University in Prague and afterwards at the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague as well. He specialized in set theory, arithmetic, later also in logic and artificial intelligence. He contributed to establishing the mathematical fundamentals of fuzzy logic. During the communist rule in Czechoslovakia he refused to cooperate with the State Security. Following the Velvet Revolution he was appointed a senior lecturer (1993), and a professor (1997). From 1992 to 2000 he held the position of chairman of the Institute of Computer Science at the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic. From 1996 to 2003 he was also president of the Kurt Gödel Society. In 2006, he was awarded the Medal for Merits in the area of sciences by President of the Czech Republic Václav Klaus.
- Hájek, Petr; Kalášek, Pavel; Kůrka, Petr (1960). O dynamické logice. Praha: Academia.
- Vopěnka, Petr; Hájek, Petr (1972). The Theory of Semisets. Trans. Jech, T. and Rousseau, G. Praha: Academia.
- Hájek, Petr; Havránek, Tomáš; Chytil, Metoděj K. (1983). Metoda GUHA: automatická tvorba hypotéz. Praha: Academia.
- Hájek, Petr; Pudlák, Pavel (1993). Metamatemathics of First-Order Arithmetic. Berlin: Springer.
- Vališ, Zdeněk (26 May 2007). "Náš host: Matematik s hudebními sklony". Český rozhlas (in Czech).
- "Státní vyznamenání pro prof. RNDr. Petra Hájka, DrSc., Odbor mediální komunikace Akademie věd" (in Czech).
- "Our Presidents". Kurt Gödel Society.
- Petr Hájek's webpage
- Databases of the National Library of the Czech Republic
- President bestowed state distinction, press release (Czech)
- Náš host: Matematik s hudebními sklony, 26-05-2007, Zdeněk Vališ, Český rozhlas, talk, text, and audio (Czech)
- Slezská Universita v Opavě doctor honoris causa (Czech)