Futurama is an American animated series created by Matt Groening (creator of The Simpsons) and David X. Cohen (a writer for The Simpsons). Set in "New New York" in the year 3000, it was introduced on the Fox Network, originally airing from March 28, 1999 to August 10, 2003. It was revived in 2007 as four direct-to-video films; in 2009, producing studio 20th Century Fox announced that Comedy Central had picked up the show for a run of 26 half-hour episodes, which began airing in 2010.
The series begins with Philip J. Fry, a New York City slacker and pizza delivery boy, who is accidentally cryogenically frozen on New Year's Eve, 1999. He is unfrozen 1000 years later, on 2999-12-31, and finds himself in New New York. Fry's attempt to escape from his now-mandatory job assignment as a delivery boy ends when he is hired at Planet Express, a small intergalactic package delivery company ran by his distantly descended nephew, as a delivery boy. The series covers the adventures of Fry and his colleagues as they travel around the universe making deliveries on behalf of Planet Express.
Did you know...
Things you can do
Here are some open WikiProject Futurama tasks:
- Bring Futurama up to FA status.
- Keep Portal:Futurama up to date and update on a regular schedule.
- Better define article assessment levels and reassess to include C class.
- Needs attention
- All images linked in any Futurama article need to have a fair use rationale, this includes:
episode articles done
- Character and list of character pages
- All miscellaneous pages (as linked in the Futurama template)
- All episode pages need to meet the standards of Wikipedia:Television episodes. A basic layout for how this can be accomplished is under discussion at . Examples to follow include "Space Pilot 3000" and "Hell Is Other Robots".
- Futurama Comics and its issues.
- Articles related to Producers, Directors and Writers
Other ways to help:
Monitor changes to the project, changes to articles and .
There are many more web resources listed at the Futurama article.
- WikiProject Animation
- WikiProject Futurama
- WikiProject Science Fiction
- WikiProject Television