Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
Santa Cruz do Capibaribe (population 80.330) is a city in northeastern Brazil, in the State of Pernambuco. It lies in the mesoregion of Agreste of Pernambuco.Has 335.5 sq/km of total area and is famous for its textile industry together with Caruaru and Toritama.
- State - Pernambuco
- Region - Agreste of Pernambuco
- Boundaries - Brejo da Madre de Deus and Jataúba (S), Taquaritinga do Norte (E), Paraiba (N and W).
- Area - 335.5 sqkm
- Elevation - 438 m
- Hidrography - Capibaribe River
- Vegetation - Caatinga hipoxerofila.
- Clima - Semi desertic
- Annual average temperature - 23.4 c
- Main road - BR 203, BR 104 and PE 130
- Distance to Recife - 194 km
The main economic activities in Santa Cruz do Capibaribe are related with the textile industry (employs 41%) and general commerce.
|Population ||GDP x(1000 R$).||GDP pc (R$)||PE|
Economy by Sector 2006
|Primary sector||Secondary sector||Service sector|
|HDI (2000)||Hospitals (2007)||Hospitals beds (2007)||Children's Mortality every 1000 (2005)|
- http://www.ibge.gov.br/home/estatistica/populacao/estimativa2009/POP2009_DOU.pdf IBGE Population 2009 Santa Cruz do Capibaribe, page 34]
- Santa Cruz do Capibaribe 2007 GDP IBGE page 31
- PE State site - City by city profile