Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
Headline from The South Wales Argus during the week of 2007-07-29
|Publisher||Newsquest Media (Southern) Ltd.|
|Circulation||23,332 (December 2010-June 2011)|
|Official website||South Wales Argus|
The paper was originally founded as the South Wales Argus and Monmouthshire Daily Leader on 30 May 1892. On 15 May 1896 the Monmouthshire Daily Leader part was dropped and latterly the definite article has also been dropped. An early description of the paper reads, "The South Wales Argus, the only evening paper printed and published in Newport and Monmouthshire was established in 1892, and the South Wales Weekly Argus and Star of Gwent the only weekly paper printed and published in Newport, was established in 1829. A leading object in the management has been to keep the legitimate claims of Newport and the County to the front, the proprietary including gentlemen, largely interested in the industrial, shipping, mining and commercial life of Newport, the neighbouring counties, and of South Wales generally".
- The Welsh Academy Encyclopaedia of Wales. John Davies, Nigel Jenkins, Menna Baines and Peredur Lynch (2008) pg615 ISBN 978-0-7083-1953-6 [Amazon-US | Amazon-UK]
- "ABC figures: How the regional dailies performed". HoldTheFrontPage (UK). 31 August 2011. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- British Newspapers Online - South Wales Argus
- Berry, D. (2008). "The South Wales Argus and Cultural Representations of Gwent". Journalism Studies 9: 105–126. doi:10.1080/14616700701768170.
- Yesterday's Newport, Terry Underwood
- Newsquest contacts, retrieved 2007-08-04
- The South Wales Argus subscription page, retrieved 2007-08-04
- About the Argus, retrieved 2007-08-04