Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
|Type||Sociedad mercantil estatal|
|Key people||Ignacio Corrales (Chairman)|
Televisión Española (in English "Spanish Television") is the national state-owned public-service television broadcaster in Spain. TVE belongs to the RTVE Corporation which has overall responsibility for national public-service radio and television under a Parliament-appointed General Manager who, as well as being answerable to a Board of Directors, reports to an all-party committee of the national parliament, as provided for in the Public Radio and Television Law of 2006.
TVE's activities were previously financed by a combination of advertising revenue and subsidies from the national government, but since January 2010 it has been supported by subsidies only.
TVE television channels
- La 1: General TV channel which broadcasts both Spanish and Latin American programmes, films (especially Spanish and North American productions), news reports and certain sporting programmes. The first television channel to go on air in Spain, it first broadcast on 28 October 1972. Available on: TDT / Digital+ / Euskaltel / Imagenio / Cable / Orange TV / ONO.
- La 2: Cultural channel which pays special attention to civil and cultural issues, North American series, documentaries, Spanish and European cinema, reports and debates, alternative news, culture and music, and formerly teleteatro. It offers alternative content to most other channels. It is Spain's second oldest channel, launched in 1973. Available on : TDT / Digital+ / Euskaltel / Imagenio / Cable / Orange TV / ONO.
- 24h: 24 hour news channel launched in 1997. Available on : TDT / Digital+ / Hotbird / Hispasat / IA13 / NSS7 / Cable / Imagenio / Orange TV / Euskaltel / ONO.
- Teledeporte: RTVE's sporting channel. Available on: TDT / Digital+ / Hispasat / Euskaltel / Cable / Imagenio / Orange TV / ONO.
- Clan: Children's television channel set up in 2005. Available on: TDT / Digital+ / Cable / Imagenio / Euskaltel / ONO.
- TVE HD: RTVE's HD channel.
- TVE Internacional: Offering RTVE's content throughout the world.
From 28 October 1956 to 14 November 1966.
From 15 November 1966 to September 1991.
From September 1991 to September 2008.
From September 2008 to today.
Both the international channel and La 1 have regular news-bulletins marketed under the Telediario name; Telediario has three editions: the breakfast edition, 15.00 (local time) edition and 21.00 edition. La 1 also broadcasts regional news bulletins at 14:00. La 2 also has its own national news bulletin, "La 2 Noticias" ("The 2 News"), which began as a breakfast news-programme in the mid-1990s and was later revamped as a nightly news bulletin at 22.00.
In addition, various regions have their own regional newscasts which may either supplement or replace Telediario in those regions. Examples include:
- TVE Andalucía: Noticias Andalucía (Spanish language) - since 1970
- TVE Aragón: Noticias Aragón (Spanish language) - since 1979
- TVE Asturias: Panorama regional (Spanish language) - since 1974
- TVE Baleares: Informatiu Balear (Catalan language) - since 1979
- TVE Canarias: Telecanarias (Spanish language) - since 1971
- TVE Cantabria: Telecantabria (Spanish language) - since 1984
- TVE Castilla-La Mancha: Noticias de Castilla-La Mancha (Spanish language) - since 1989
- TVE Castilla y León: Noticias de Castilla y León (Spanish language) - since 1982
- TVE Catalunya: L'informatiu (Catalan language) - since 1977
- TVE Ceuta: Noticias de Ceuta (Spanish language)
- TVE Comunitat Valenciana: L'informatiu-Comunitat Valenciana (Valencian language) - since 1971
- TVE Extremadura: Noticias de Extremadura (Spanish language) - since 1989
- TVE Galicia: Telexornal-Galicia (Galician language) - since 1971
- TVE La Rioja: Informativo La Rioja / Telerioja (Spanish language) - since 1986
- TVE Madrid: Informativo Madrid (Spanish language)
- TVE Melilla: Noticias de Melilla (Spanish language)
- TVE Murcia: Noticias Murcia (Spanish language) - since 1982
- TVE Navarra: Telenavarra (Spanish language) - since 1981
- TVE País Vasco: Telenorte (Spanish language) - since 1971
- Official Site (Spanish)