Welcome to MedLibrary.org. For best results, we recommend beginning with the navigation links at the top of the page, which can guide you through our collection of over 14,000 medication labels and package inserts. For additional information on other topics which are not covered by our database of medications, just enter your topic in the search box below:
Trumpington Street is a major historic street in central Cambridge, England. At the north end it continues as King's Parade where King's College is located. To the south it continues as Trumpington Road (the A1134), an arterial route out of Cambridge, at the junction with Lensfield Road.
The University of Cambridge colleges St Catharine's College, Corpus Christi College, Pembroke College, and Peterhouse are all on Trumpington Street. Pembroke College also fronts onto the adjoining Pembroke Street. Further south is Fitzwilliam Museum, the main museum of the University. At the southern end is the main site of the Cambridge University Engineering Department.
The Church of St Mary the Less, Cambridge is next to Peterhouse (just to the north) on the corner of Trumpington Street and Little St Mary's Lane. The first church here was called St Peter-without-Trumpington Gate. The Emmanuel United Reformed Church, built to a design of James Cubitt in 1875, is also located on Trumpington Street. The original church was in Downing Place.
At the northern end on the corner of Corpus Christi College facing King's Parade is the Corpus Clock, a new tourist attraction installed in 2008.
In 1361, at Spittle End, the leper hospital of St Anthony and St Eligius was founded. Addenbrooke's Hospital was founded in 1766 on Trumpington Street, but it has since relocated to larger premises further out of the city. The Judge Business School is now on the original site of the hospital, the Old Addenbrooke's Site.
Until the 19th century, Trumpington Street was at the edge of development to the south of Cambridge.
The Trumpington Street branch of Hobson's Conduit still functions as sluices along each side of the street. At this point, it is known as the Pem (east side) and Pot (west side). The Cambridge City Council's Drainage Engineer controls flow through the sluices and generally lets water flow in the open conduits in the street between the months of April and September. Feeds run into Peterhouse and Pembroke College. A run also used to feed into the basement of the old Addenbrooke's Hospital, now the Judge Business School.
The main entrance of the Fitzwilliam Museum, facing Trumpington Street.
The Pitt Building, headquarters of the Cambridge University Press, on Trumpington Street.
Emmanuel United Reformed Church, on Trumpington Street.
Front of the college Peterhouse on Trumpington Street.
- Trumpington Street, Cambridge City Council.
- Trumpington Street, Cambridge, CambridgeOnline.
- Fitzwilliam Museum. View from Trumpington Street, Stride Design Ltd, 2009.
- Trumpington Street, 800 Years of Death and Disease in Cambridge, Stride Design Ltd, 2009.
- Official Map: Old Addenbrooke's Site, University of Cambridge, 800 Years 1209–2009.
- "Janus Glossary of terms: Pot".
- "Hobson's Conduit".