1. To collect blood samples, open lid from Samp Lok vacuum tube holder.
2. Open snap-open closure between sample diversion pouch and Samp Lok vacuum tube holder.
3. Position the sample diversion pouch downwards so that the air rises to the top of the pouch and away from the Samp Lok vacuum tube holder. Note: Drawing air into the vacuum tube may cause hemolysis.
4. Collect blood samples from the sample diversion pouch into vacuum tubes within approximately four minutes to avoid possible clot formation.
5. Ensure the vacuum tubes are centered within the Samp Lok vacuum tube holder during sample collection.
6. Maintain forward pressure on the vacuum tubes during sample collection.
7. The lid may be closed on the Samp Lok vacuum tube holder after sample collection.
8. Return to Section II, Step 17. Note: When collection of unit is complete and the donor needle is engaged in the DCNG, open the lid of the Samp Lok vacuum tube holder and insert the DCNG into the holder. Twist until it locks into place. An audible click will confirm that it is locked.
1. If desired, seal at or adjacent to “X” marks on the tubing to provide numbered segments of anticoagulated blood for typing or crossmatching.*
2. Load whole blood and remaining bags into centrifuge cup, ensuring that the tubing stays in the top half of the cup.
3. Centrifuge at conditions designed to produce desired components.
4. Carefully remove the unit from the centrifuge and place the collection bag in the plasma expressor.
5. Clamp tubing to extra satellite bag(s), if present.
6. Gently apply expressor pressure.
7. Open snap-open closure on collection bag and express plasma.
8. After plasma is expressed, clamp tubing between satellite bag(s) whole blood bag and release expressor pressure.
9. Seal tubing and detach the bag containing packed red cells, and set aside plasma for further processing.*
10. Gently mix packed red cells.
11. Store CPDA-1 preserved red blood cells at 1—6 °C for up to 35 days and use as indicated.
Each shipping case contains 8 foil envelopes. Within each foil envelope resides 3 units of the collection system. Each unit consists of a collection bag with 63 ml of CPDA-1 solution and one empty bag.
HAEMONETICS and THE Blood Management Company are trademarks of Haemonetics Corporation.
DonorCare and SampLok are registered trademarks of ITL Corporation, Canberra, Australia.
400 Wood Road
Braintree, MA 02184, USA
By: Haemonetics Manufacturing Inc.
1630 Industrial Park Street
Covina, CA 91722, USA
IFU P/N 147130924
Collection Bag Label
Plasma Bag Label
| CPDA-1 BLOOD COLLECTION SYSTEM |
blood collection system solution
|Labeler — Haemonetics Corporation (057827420)|
|Haemonetics Corporation||057827420||label (53157-730)|
|Haemonetics Manufacturing Inc||078598396||manufacture (53157-730)|
Revised: 01/2021 Haemonetics Corporation
All MedLibrary.org resources are included in as near-original form as possible, meaning that the information from the original provider has been rendered here with only typographical or stylistic modifications and not with any substantive alterations of content, meaning or intent.