Lansoprazole (lan soe’ pra zole) Delayed-Release Capsules, for oral use
- Take lansoprazole delayed release capsules before meals.
- Do not crush or chew lansoprazole delayed release capsules.
- Lansoprazole delayed release capsules should only be used with the foods and juices listed below.
Lansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules
Taking lansoprazole delayed release capsules with certain foods:
You can only use applesauce, ENSURE pudding, cottage cheese, yogurt or strained pears.
1. Open the capsule.
2. Sprinkle the granules on 1 tablespoon of applesauce, ENSURE pudding, cottage cheese, yogurt or strained pears.
3. Swallow right away.
Taking lansoprazole delayed release capsules with certain juices:
1. Open the capsule.
2. Sprinkle the granules into 60 mL (about ¼ cup) of apple juice, orange juice or tomato juice.
4. Swallow right away.
5. To make sure that the entire dose is taken, add ½ cup or more of juice to the glass, stir and swallow right away.
Giving lansoprazole delayed release capsules through a nasogastric tube (NG tube) size 16 French or larger:
You can only use apple juice.
1.Place 40 mL of apple juice into a clean container
2.Open the capsule and empty the granules into the container of apple juice.
3.Use a catheter-tip syringe to draw up the apple juice and granule mixture.
4.Gently mix the catheter-tip syringe to keep the granules from settling.
5.Attach the catheter-tip syringe to the NG tube.
6.Give the mixture right away through the NG tube that goes into the stomach. Do not save the apple juice andgranule mixture for later use.
7.Refill the catheter-tip syringe with 40 mL of apple juice and mix gently. Flush the NG tube with apple juice.
How should I store lansoprazole delayed-release capsules?
- Store lansoprazole delayed-release capsules at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
Keep lansoprazole delayed-release capsules and all medicines out of the reach of children.
This Instruction for Use has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
All trademark names are the property of their respective owners.
Florham Park, NJ 07932
Made in Spain
Camrillio, CA 93012 USA
Delayed-Release Capsules, USP
30 mg 100 count
|LANSOPRAZOLE lansoprazole capsule, delayed release|
|Labeler — Golden State Medical Supply, Inc. (603184490)|
|Golden State Medical Supply, Inc.||603184490||relabel (51407-324), repack (51407-324)|
Revised: 09/2022 Golden State Medical Supply, Inc.
All MedLibrary.org resources are included in as near-original form as possible, meaning that the information from the original provider has been rendered here with only typographical or stylistic modifications and not with any substantive alterations of content, meaning or intent.