HANDLING AND DISPOSAL
Procedures for proper handling and disposal of anticancer drugs should be considered. Several guidelines on this subject have been published.1-5 There is no general agreement that all of the procedures recommended in the guidelines are necessary or appropriate.
Methotrexate Tablets USP contain an amount of methotrexate sodium equivalent to 2.5 mg of methotrexate.
2.5 mg: Yellow, oval-shaped, scored tablet. Debossed with stylized b/572 on one side.
|Bottles of 02||NDC 54868-3826-9|
|Bottles of 12||NDC 54868-3826-1|
|Bottles of 16||NDC 54868-3826-0|
|Bottles of 20||NDC 54868-3826-3|
|Bottles of 28||NDC 54868-3826-4|
|Bottles of 30||NDC 54868-3826-7|
|Bottles of 40||NDC 54868-3826-8|
|Bottles of 50||NDC 54868-3826-6|
|Bottles of 100||NDC 54868-3826-5|
Dispense in a tight, light-resistant container as defined in the USP, with a child-resistant closure (as required).
Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F) [See USP Controlled Room Temperature].
Protect from light.
1. Controlling occupational exposure to hazardous drugs (OSHA Work-Practice Guidelines). Am J Health Syst Pharm 1996; 53:1669-1685.
2. National Study Commission on Cytotoxic Exposure — Recommendations for Handling Cytotoxic Agents. Available from Louis P. Jeffrey, Sc D, Chairman, National Study Commission on Cytotoxic Exposure, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Sciences, 179 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115.
3. Clinical Oncological Society of Australia: Guidelines and recommendations for safe handling of antineoplastic agents. Med J Australia 1983; 1:426-428.
4. Jones RB, et al. Safe handling of chemotherapeutic agents: A report from the Mount Sinai Medical Center. CA — A Cancer Journal for Clinicians Sept/Oct 1983; 258-263.
5. American Society of Hospital Pharmacists technical assistance bulletin on handling cytotoxic and hazardous drugs. Am J Hosp Pharm 1990; 47:1033-1049.
TEVA PHARMACEUTICALS USA
Sellersville, PA 18960
Rev. A 2/2010
Relabeling and Repackaging by;
Physicians Total Care, Inc.
Tulsa, OK 74146
Warning: Discontinue or reduce dosage
immediately at first sign of ulceration or
bleeding in mouth, gastrointestinal
ulceration or bleeding, diarrhea or marked
depression of bone marrow.
|METHOTREXATE SODIUM methotrexate sodium tablet|
|Labeler — Physicians Total Care, Inc. (194123980)|
|Physicians Total Care, Inc.||194123980||relabel, repack|
Revised: 06/2010 Physicians Total Care, Inc.
All MedLibrary.org resources are included in as near-original form as possible, meaning that the information from the original provider has been rendered here with only typographical or stylistic modifications and not with any substantive alterations of content, meaning or intent.