- Take venlafaxine tablets exactly as prescribed. Your healthcare provider may need to change the dose of venlafaxine tablets until it is the right dose for you.
- Venlafaxine tablets are to be taken with food.
- If you miss a dose of venlafaxine tablets , take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the regular time. Do not take two doses of venlafaxine tablets at the same time.
- If you take too much venlafaxine hydrochloride , call your healthcare provider or poison control center right away, or get emergency treatment.
- When switching from another antidepressant to venlafaxine tablets your doctor may want to lower the dose of the initial antidepressant first to avoid side effects.
What should I avoid while taking venlafaxine tablets ?
Venlafaxine tablets can cause sleepiness or may affect your ability to make decisions, think clearly, or react quickly. You should not drive, operate heavy machinery, or do other dangerous activities until you know how venlafaxine tablets affect you. Do not drink alcohol while using venlafaxine tablets.
What are the possible side effects of venlafaxine tablets ?
Venlafaxine tablets may cause serious side effects, including:
- See “What is the most important information I should know about venlafaxine tablets ?”
- Increased cholesterol- have your cholesterol checked regularly
- Newborns whose mothers take
venlafaxine tablets in the third trimester may have problems right after birth including:
- problems feeding and breathing
- shaking, jitteriness or constant crying
- Narrow-angle glaucoma/enlarged pupils. Check eye pressure regularly if you:
- have a history of increased eye pressure
- are at risk for certain types of glaucoma
Common possible side effects in people who take venlafaxine tablets include :
- unusual dreams
- sexual problems
- loss of appetite, constipation, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, or dry mouth
- feeling tired, fatigued or overly sleepy
- change in sleep habits, problems sleeping
- tremor or shaking
- dizziness, blurred vision
- feeling anxious, nervous or jittery
- increase in heart rate
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away. These are not all the possible side effects of venlafaxine tablets. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
CALL YOUR DOCTOR FOR MEDICAL ADVICE ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS. YOU MAY REPORT SIDE EFFECTS TO THE FDA AT 1-800-FDA-1088.
How should I store venlafaxine tablets ?
- Store venlafaxine tablets at room temperature between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F).
- Keep venlafaxine tablets in a dry place.
Keep venlafaxine tablets and all medicines out of the reach of children.
General information about venlafaxine tablets
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Medication Guide. Do not use venlafaxine tablets for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give venlafaxine tablets to other people, even if they have the same condition. They may harm them.
This Medication Guide summarizes the most important information about venlafaxine tablets. If you would like more information, talk with your healthcare provider. You may ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for information about venlafaxine tablets that is written for healthcare professionals.
For more information about venlafaxine tablets call 1-833-395-6928.
What are the ingredients in venlafaxine tablets ?
Active ingredient: venlafaxine hydrochloride
- Tablets: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate, ferric oxide brown, ferric oxide yellow, povidone (Kollidone 30), and magnesium stearate.
This Medication Guide has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for all antidepressants.
Coumadin ® is a registered trademark of Bristol Myers Squibb.
Jantoven ® is a registered trademark of Upsher-Smith Laboratories Inc.
Dispense with medication guide available at: http://www.risingpharma.com/med-guides.html.
Rising Health, LLC
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
Made in India
Code: TS/DRUGS/19/1993 Revised: 03/2019
|VENLAFAXINE venlafaxine hydrochloride tablet|
|Labeler — St. Mary’s Medical Park Pharmacy (063050751)|
|St. Mary’s Medical Park Pharmacy||063050751||relabel (60760-304), repack (60760-304)|
Revised: 07/2020 St. Mary’s Medical Park Pharmacy
All MedLibrary.org resources are included in as near-original form as possible, meaning that the information from the original provider has been rendered here with only typographical or stylistic modifications and not with any substantive alterations of content, meaning or intent.