Instructions for Use
WEGOVY comes in five strengths:
Before you use your WEGOVY pen for the first time, talk to your healthcare provider or your caregiver about how to prepare and inject WEGOVY correctly.
Read this Instructions for Use before you start using WEGOVY. This information does not replace talking to your healthcare provider about your medical condition or treatment.
· Your WEGOVY pen is for 1 time use only. The WEGOVY pen is for subcutaneous (under the skin) use only.
· The dose of WEGOVY is already set on your pen.
· The needle is covered by the needle cover and the needle will not be seen.
· Do not remove the pen cap until you are ready to inject.
· Do not touch or push on the needle cover. You could get a needle stick injury.
· Your WEGOVY injection will begin when the needle cover is pressed against your skin.
· Do not remove the pen from your skin before the yellow bar in the pen window has stopped moving. If the needle is removed earlier, you may not get your full dose of WEGOVY.
· If the yellow bar does not start moving or stops during the injection, contact your healthcare provider or Novo Nordisk at startWegovy.com or call Novo Nordisk Inc. at 1-833-934-6891.
· The needle cover will lock when the pen is removed from your skin. You cannot stop the injection and restart it later.
· People who are blind or have vision problems should not use the WEGOVY pen without help from a person trained to use the WEGOVY pen.
How do I store WEGOVY?
· Store the WEGOVY pen in the refrigerator between 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F).
· If needed, before removing the pen cap, WEGOVY can be stored from 8°C to 30°C (46°F to 86°F) in the original carton for up to 28 days.
· Keep WEGOVY in the original carton to protect it from light.
· Do not freeze.
· Throw away the pen if WEGOVY has been frozen, has been exposed to light or temperatures above 30°C (86°F), or has been out of the refrigerator for 28 days or longer.
Keep WEGOVY and all medicines out of the reach of children.
How to use your WEGOVY pen
Do not use your WEGOVY pen without receiving training from your healthcare provider. Make sure that you or your caregiver know how to give an injection with the pen before you start your treatment.
Read and follow the instructions so that you use your WEGOVY pen correctly:
Step 1. Prepare for your injection.
- Supplies you will need to give your WEGOVY injection:
- WEGOVY pen
- 1 alcohol swab or soap and water
- 1 gauze pad or cotton ball
- 1 sharps disposable container for used WEGOVY pens
- Wash your hands.
- Check your WEGOVY pen.
- Do not use your WEGOVY pen if:
- The pen appears to have been used or any part of the pen appears broken, for example if it has been dropped.
- The WEGOVY medicine is not clear and colorless through the pen window.
- The expiration date (EXP) has passed.
Contact Novo Nordisk at 1-833-934-6891 if your WEGOVY pen fails any of these checks.
Step 2. Choose your injection site.
• Your healthcare provider can help you choose the injection site that is best for you
- You may inject into your upper legs (front of the thighs) or lower stomach (keep 2 inches away from your belly button).
- Another person may give the injection in the upper arm.
• Do not inject into an area where the skin is tender, bruised, red, or hard. Avoid injecting into areas with scars or stretch marks.
• You may inject in the same body area each week, but make sure it is not in the same spot each time.
Clean the injection site with an alcohol swab or soap and water. Do not touch the injection site after cleaning.
Step 3. Remove pen cap.
• Pull the pen cap straight off your pen.
Step 4. Inject WEGOVY.
• Push the pen firmly against your skin until the yellow bar has stopped moving.
If the yellow bar does not start moving, press the pen more firmly against your skin.
- You will hear 2 clicks during the injection.
- Click 1: the injection has started.
- Click 2: the injection is ongoing.
Throw away pen
Step 5. Throw away (dispose of) pen.
Safely dispose of the WEGOVY pen right away after each use. See “How do I throw away (dispose of) WEGOVY pens?”
• What if blood appears after injection?
If blood appears at the injection site, press the site lightly with a gauze pad or cotton ball.
How do I throw away (dispose of) WEGOVY pens?
Put the used WEGOVY pen in an FDA-cleared sharps disposal container right away after use. Do not throw away (dispose of) the pen in your household trash.
If you do not have an FDA-cleared sharps disposal container, you may use a household container that is:
- · made of a heavy-duty plastic,
- · able to be closed with a tight-fitting, puncture-resistant lid, without sharps being able to come out,
- · upright and stable during use,
- · leak-resistant, and
- · properly labeled to warn of hazardous waste inside the container.
When your sharps disposal container is almost full, you will need to follow your community guidelines for the right way to dispose of your sharps disposal container. There may be state or local laws about how you should throw away used needles and syringes. For more information about safe sharps disposal, and for specific sharps disposal in the state that you live in, go to the FDA’s website at http://www.fda.gov/safesharpsdisposal.
- · Do not reuse the pen.
- · Do not recycle the pen or sharps disposal container, or throw them into household trash.
Important: Keep your WEGOVY pen, sharps disposal container and all medicines out of the reach of children.
How do I care for my pen?
Protect your pen
- · Do not drop your pen or knock it against hard surfaces.
- · Do not expose your pen to any liquids.
- · If you think that your pen may be damaged, do not try to fix it. Use a new one.
- · Keep the pen cap on until you are ready to inject. Your pen will no longer be sterile if you store an unused pen without the cap, if you pull the pen cap off and put it on again, or if the pen cap is missing. This could lead to an infection.
- If you have any questions about WEGOVY, go to startWegovy.com or call Novo Nordisk Inc. at 1-833-Wegovy-1
Novo Nordisk A/S
DK-2880 Bagsvaerd, Denmark
For information about WEGOVY, go to
startWegovy.com or contact:
Novo Nordisk Inc.
800 Scudders Mill Road
Plainsboro, NJ 08536
WEGOVY ™ is a trademark of Novo Nordisk A/S.
PATENT Information: http://novonordisk-us.com/products/product-patents.html
© 2021 Novo Nordisk
This Instructions for Use has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.